YOU are the Mission. Fairbanks Rescue Mission wouldn’t be able to serve so many precious men, women, and children without the generosity and dedication of friends like you.
There are so many opportunities for individuals or groups to help. No matter what your skills, we can find a way for you to share love and hope with those in need.
To learn more about volunteering, please E-Mail
our Volunteer Coordinator or contact her at 452-5343 ext. 101.
recyclables, assisting our Green Collar Job programmers, and helping with
Facility Maintenance Support
- Support our Facility Maintenance Manager with meeting the needs of our building issues.
Christmas and our fundraiser, Cruise With a Cause, in August.
– Sort clothing and other goods, stock clothing rooms, pick up and/or drop off donations at local agencies and non-profit organizations.
– Basic upkeep of the camp, summer volunteer host, firewood, yard work, painting, carpentry projects, and summer renovation. Landscaping – Planting, weeding, mowing, raking, and snow removal.
Friday Night Movie
– Organize an event for our residents, complete with snacks and movie.
– Organize and hold a Christian based book group, knitting circle, craft
time, Zumba, yoga or exercise class for our residents.
– Transport our residents to their appointments and group outings. (All transportation must be prearranged through the resident’s Case Manager and Volunteer Coordinator.)
– Refers to a personal developmental relationship in which a more knowledgeable person helps to guide another person. True mentoring is more than just answering questions or providing ad hoc help. It is about an ongoing relationship of learning, communication, and ministry.
– Support our Staff with meeting the needs of our building issues, ex. building bookshelves and tables for our Veteran’s Program. Constructing a clothing system in our Donations Ministry, etc.
– Cook, clean, serve, and help process game meat.
– Reception, newsletter mailings, office work. Help at our Men’s and Women’s Desk.